Monday, July 7, 2008

One small step for debtkind...

This afternoon I made a decision on consolidating my debt and applying for a 0% credit card. It lasts for 15 months and get this - no transfer fee! I consolidated the two larger cards ($10k and 8.6k) and still have the smaller one to pay. Since it is the same company as the one who offered the 0%, we cannot put the smaller one on there. Pray that we get approved, because I'm sure our debt to income ratio is pretty high. Credit card companies are well known for accepting just about anyone, so I'm pretty sure they will accept us. Hopefully that will lower some of the monthly payments we are donating to the conglomerates.

Some of our friends came over tonight and gave us some good stuff to go over. Dave Ramsey's total money makeover on audio book. I will be driving up to Tahoe later this week, so I will be listening to that on the way.

We also decided that we will be making a plan to try and reduce debt. I read in a blog last week that posting the plan helps you put it into action. We talked a little about our plan - but now we need to post it in the house and put it into action. By the time we get back from vacation this week, I will have hoped to have a plan for the next few months together and posted in our house. As for the 33 days of reducing debt, I hope to post a little while on vacation, but we'll see!

No comments: