Monday, June 30, 2008

2 ways to reduce debt - from NCN blog

I will be posting my thoughts and my intended actions on the blog "33 days of reducing debt and saving money" posts in order to help myself and possibly even others. Although I doubt anyone really reads this except my wife - Hey, she hasn't even subscribed yet! Busted online! Anyhoo, here it goes.

Day 1: Eliminate Fees
The main point in this blog is to check all of your bills and accounts to make sure that you don't need the things people like to charge you for. I don't think I have too many of these, but it is a good exercise to double check and make sure. I could check around on pricing out some of my services like car insurance. I'm sure there are some annual fees that I have on some accounts that I miss. I need to start working on my budget anyway, so I will have to take out my bills this last year and check for fees!

Day 2: Brand Disloyalty
Are you basing your purchases on price and value or habit and repetition? We are very habitual when it comes to insurance or doing our taxes. When it comes to dispensable products, we buy whatever is on sale, therefore we eat whatever is on sale! His final words were: Why are you using the products and services that you are using? Are you making fiscally responsible choices? I believe that we are now, it's just that even when you are being financially responsible, you can't make up for lack of income, which is where we are.

I have to go mow the lawn, so I will be back to finish later. :)

No comments: