Thursday, June 26, 2008

Setting up a budget

My sister from Oklahoma who I haven't seen for ever has been in town the last two nights, so I have been busy. My nephews - one who lives in Germany and the other in Oklahoma are also here. So was my cousin from Valley Springs. We had a great time tonight just hanging out. We are hoping to get to Germany to visit my nephew before his contract is up - 2010 - which leads me to this blog(A short one, because it is late and I have to get up very early). We need savings to travel, and that is not possible without a budget.

Here is my topic - budgeting. I have never done it, and although I strive to, it never gets done. A friend of mine emailed and said they would help us with this debt, so I am looking forward to starting the budget process. I had a discouragement reading an article the other night. It said that on average, your housing should be 25-35% of your overall budget. Right now, our housing is over 50%. Do I just need to make more money? Should I turn this into a money making blog? Maybe one day it will be, but realistically, somehow we need to make more money to get back in the black.

If you have any comments, I am open to suggestions!

No comments: